The following are basic contest rules applying to any and all contests run on KPLV-FM, 93.1, herein referred to as “station.” Each contest may have its own special qualifications and eligibility rules in which case a separate list of rules will be available for public inspection.
1. All Stations contests are open to all listeners who are 18 years of age or older unless stated otherwise. Contest winners must also reside in Clark County. Employees of the Stations, its licensee, its corporate parents Clear Channel Communications, affiliated entities, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio station employees in Clark County and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
2. Listeners are eligible to win a Stations contest every 30 days. Contestants are limited to one prize oer household per 30 days. Unless stated otherwise, multiple entries by the same person or by a person in the same household will be discarded and be deemed by the station management as a cause for disqualification.
3. All prizes and prize certificates may be picked up at the Stations office at 2880-B Meade Avenue, Ste 250, Las Vegas, NV 89102. The winner will provide photo identification, and the station will make a photocopy of I.D. before releasing the prize. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within 30 days of winning. The 30-day period includes weekends and holidays. The Stations business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm excluding holidays. The Stations will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is the winner’s responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit. Additionally, some prizes have specific expiration dates or are date sensitive (i.e. Concert tickets), which may occur within the 30 days following the winning date. It is the winner’s responsibility to pick up the prize by the event or expiration date. In the event that the winner does not pick up the prize by close of business the day the prize expires it becomes the Stations property. Each Stations Promotion Director will notify Stations Sales Managers and/or Stations General Manager of the prize opportunity for clients. If a client cannot use the prize, the Promotion Director then informs the remaining staff of the prize opportunity. The first person to respond to the opportunity receives the prize. Should a valid prize not be picked up in the 30-day period, it will be recycled for Stations remotes and/or other Stations promotions/programs.
4. Prizes will not be mailed to winners. All prizes must be claimed by the winner only. Prizes are non-transferable.
5. The Stations are not responsible for replacing any prizes after they have been picked up, whether the prize was lost, organization providing the prize has closed, or for any other reason.
6. In the event of a dropped call, telephone line or mobile phone malfunction or phone disconnection, the decision of management will be final. In the event that two (2) telephone lines are "tied together" during a phone-in contest, the entire call will be disqualified and the next caller in line will be taken and awarded the prize. The Stations cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a "tied together" situation and both callers will be disqualified, this circumstance is beyond the Stations control.
7. Listeners may also register to win prizes on the Stations websites. Winners of the various contests are chosen randomly from all eligible entries. The Stations are not responsible for entries not received due to the difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. All on-line entries must be filled out completely.
9. To enter on-line, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and valid email address and any other requested information in the on-line entry form. One Internet entry per person. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
10. The Stations, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person of tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Stations websites or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any kind.
11. For contests that require qualification, listeners may qualify only once, unless otherwise specified.
12. Contest winners (and their traveling companions, if any) will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize valued at $600.00 or greater or which prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by the Stations. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Stations, it corporate licensee, its parent corporation, Clear Channel Communications, affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or content.
13. All contestant entries become property of the Stations may retain any or all contest materials for any reason that the Stations management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity or advertising.
14. Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where a paid admission is required, may be entered at the Stations studios prior to the event or through a station representative at the event, without any paid consideration to enter the event. The Stations must be notified by telephone or in writing no less than 24 hours prior to such contest/event to facilitate staffing for such purposes.
15. Contests conducted at facilities with an age requirement of 21 years of age or older, shall exclude participants who cannot prove they meet the age requirement.
16. Unless otherwise stated, contestants must be at least 18 years of age or older to win prizes from the Stations.
17. Contestants winning a prize or prizes valued at over $600.00 or more in a calendar year will be subject to any and all federal, state and local taxes, as applicable. Clear Channel Communications will issue a W9 in this event.
18. By participating in a contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any and all advertising or broadcasting materials relating to this contest, without additional compensation. Additionally, winner agrees to sign a prize release form before the acceptance of their prize.
19. The Stations reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement by the Stations.
20. No purchase necessary. Contests are void where prohibited.
21. Failure to comply with the Stations contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification.
22. In the case of a grand prize drawing from qualifying winners, the Stations will make every attempt to contact the grand prizewinner, randomly selected, by phone to notify them of their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted in a timely manner (to be determined by management) another grand prizewinner will be randomly selected. Duplicated prizes will not be awarded.
23. In the event that the winner of a Stations contest cannot take a trip on the specific dates that have been announced (ie. Concert trip flyaway) to them and on-air, they will forfeit their prize. A substitute trip will not be provided.
24. Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays at the Stations business office. The office is located at 2880-B Meade Avenue Ste. 250, Las Vegas, NV 89102